Beware of those offering you the way to happiness, success and fulfilment via what one can consider a magic wand way of thinking, eating, behaving or rituals that they claim ensure that you’ll have Life in your pocket. Life doesn’t work that way and what works for one, doesn’t work for another for we are all individuals with specific needs, wants and circumstances. There’s no magic cure for all that ails mankind. If there were, the world and everyone in it, wouldn’t have problems or they would be short-lived.
None of us walking this planet have the answers to Life’s issues, problems or the resulting emotional turmoil that we go through with each of these things. Though Youtube and other sources are filled with sometimes, helpful tips and hints that make us temporarily feel better, the reality is, the Youtube makers don’t have their lives as put together as they would love their viewers to think. Remember that there’s a camera, lights and action on an actor/actress in front of us. As cheerful as that person may seem, it’s guaranteed that once that camera is turned off, there’s editing and, that actor/actress goes on with their less than perfect life in a way that you won’t see them talk about on camera, unless that’s what their vlogs are about to begin with.
There’s no short cut to having everything or being happy and certainly, none of us have everything and though we can all fake it for Youtube and even Facebook, no one has their lives all put together nor, themselves. There is no magic to it so, anyone who portrays that they have it all together for themselves and tries to tell you that they do, are usually out to sell you on something, in some way. That statement includes some of those that people on the net tend to look up to as well.
Here are some things to keep in mind when you cross paths with someone who tells you that they know how you should live your life.
- These people aren’t walking in your shoes or living your life.
- No one has it all together no matter how strongly convincing they may seem
- There is no One Size Fits All solution, magic or otherwise bullet or wand that works
- Eating or not eating a certain way isn’t the answer for everything
- Someone constantly telling others how to live their lives, are often those who are trying to convince themselves or make money off of you
- Religion and Spirituality can give hope but, they cannot or will not solve all of your problems. You were given a brain of your own to use and a life in which to learn lessons…even if they are learned through pain and suffering
- No one knows it all in one area, let alone many so, when you hear someone telling you how to solve issues on many different topics, think twice and realize all of the above points
- What works for one person, doesn’t work for another, let alone everyone and every situation
- There’s no one walking this planet that has all of the answers to Life so, following them by the letter is a recipe for disaster for you. Find your own ways
- Don’t try too hard. Each of us have differing lots in Life to deal with. While it’s desirable to seek out answers to our problems, sometimes we simply have no control over certain things and have to let them pass or seek out professionals in those areas to help us through them. Ultimately, we have to do the work but, trying too hard, too much or worrying about whatever we’re facing, only leads us to being less happy.
- Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. Some of the happiest people on the planet, have little but, are happy anyway because they don’t know what they are missing. Be a little less knowledgeable and being happy may be more simple.
- Learn what you can about your situation within reason but, don’t go crazy, trying to learn all that you can about everything going on in your life. It only leads you towards anxiety, depression and realizing that what you do know, is only the tip of the iceberg about what else you don’t know about it.
- Knowing too much and continuing to search and seek out more and more information, keeps you focused on what your problem is until it becomes an obsession. When you dwell on your problems, you’re actually keeping them with you and making yourself worse.
- Turn off electronic devices for a while each day. Stop researching, reading and even texting your friends or family. Get dirty and sort through piles of belongings, get together with those friends or call them and talk instead of texting or social media. Social media can actually make you feel worse about yourself and your life because it’s not real. It’s only what people want you to see or know. Their real lives don’t look anything like the picture they’ve painted for you on their walls, Instagram, Twitter or other accounts.
- Be aware that Youtube video makers have a purpose for doing what they are doing. Not all are doing it for money but, the “greats” are out to make money off of you. Even when their videos are free, they can and do make money by getting subscribers and likes. Every click a lot of these chronic Tubers get, converts to a monthly check/cheque being sent to them. These people live off of your need to know something but, they may not always give out correct information or, they could be giving you information that hurts you versus helps you. It’s only later that you figure that much out. Ralph Smart (Infinite Waters Diving Deep) is one of them. Look at the sheer number of topics that he makes viewers believe he has the answers to. He doesn’t. He’s good at reading articles, books and studies. Look at the sheer number of videos he puts out per week. He makes money off of your Youtube clicks that pay his bills so that he doesn’t have to work a real job. He’s not an “expert” on anything, including psychology. Beware!
Realize that Life is going to be fraught with uncomfortable situations. No one is walking around this planet with pure happiness nor, does anyone have all of the answers to everything. In today’s age, we have once again begun to look for magic wands, fountains of eternal happiness and answers to everything that ails our lives and us. While there’s something to be said about trying to change our situations, remember that there are some things for which we have little to no control over. Someone else, telling you that you do have complete control over everything if you’ll follow (fill in the blank), is full of proverbial dung.
At least, that’s the way that I see things from my little corner of life.
Be Well, Love and Light.
Have a great day or evening.